Sunday, June 24, 2007

Making It Happen

When I envision the person I want to be and the things I want to accomplish, I often get really discouraged at how far I have to go to get there. Feelings of hopelessness and shame only pull me further back and away from my dreams. When I am so focused on the destination I miss out on the journey of life and all it has to offer. God has already equipped me with everything I need to follow His plan for me, all I have to do is sit back and let Him take me on this ride. There are many bumps along the way, and the path can seem scary at times, but the good Lord knows exactly where we're going and He's really the best driver to have behind the wheel. I've learned that when I try and take control, I end up getting pulled over or in a big accident. I still struggle everyday to want to go my own way, but God gently reveals to me the real joy of living in the Truth. The starting point for the new me is in being willing to surrender my own agenda and being open to change. I must continually turn to God for answers and stay faithful even when I don't find what I'm looking for. For He has what I need and will deliver in His perfect time. I may not look the way I want, or feel the way I want, of have everything I want...but even if I did, I would probably not be as happy as I imagined - God knows what I need and He will always provide. He even blesses me in ways I would never expect, or even miss if I'm too caught up in myself and my selfish desires.
"You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result."-- Mahatma Gandhi
"You may be changed by what happens to you, but you don't have to be reduced by it." -- Maya Angelou

No comments: