Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Long time, no talk!

Hi everyone! I'm SO sorry I haven't been updating my blog - I have been trying for a long time but I forgot my username and password and it was a mess trying to figure it out so that I could access my own blog again. But it's all good now, and hopefully I'll get the hang of this soon.
This summer I'm taking some classes at UNI to catch up since I took last semester off. Although I don't have any class in June, so this month I'm spending some quality time at home with the fam. My goals for this summer are to get A's in my classes, get my new house fixed up in Cedar Falls, learn some worship songs on the guitar, continue counseling and treatment exercises, and to finish my scrapbook of 2006. I know it's a lot, but it's motivating, and if I don't get to it all it's not the end of the world. The Lord is continually teaching me that each breath, each moment, and each day is part of a journey and I need to slow down and enjoy the ride to the fullest. Because, in all honesty, whenever I try to take control and do things my way, my life becomes a big mess. But if I sit back and trust God to guide me in the right direction, even when I'm seriously doubting it, things always turn out for the best in the long run. So, I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Jill -

Sounds like things are going well. I would love to see some pictures from the Gatlinburg trip - I talked to my dad and it sounded like you all had a really good time. I wish I could have joined you all at least for a few days, but the juries have been calling my name this month.

Well, I hope you'll be around the next time I visit. Enjoy the rest of your June!

Love you,
Jess