Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What God's Revealed...

God has given us free will to live as we chose, but we deal with the consequences of our actions. When I fell into the dark hole of my eating disorder, I was living and believing lies that had me trapped. I lost everything - my health, my joy, my enthusiasm for life, trust from my family and friends, I lost respect, relationships, my dignity, I lost myself. But somehow, through it all, I found God's grace and unconditional love. He promised he would never forsake me, and He didn't. God was patiently waiting, with His arms wide open, for me to stop resorting to the disorder that held me captive, and to turn to Him in complete surrender. In Romans, God talks about working for the good of those who love Him, and I know that even in my darkest moments, God has a plan to make something out of my circumstances that will ultimately bring Him glory. I pray that throughout my recovery I glorify Him, and let Him radiate through me and my growing faith. I have lost so much, yet I have gained a great deal as well. I've gained strength, Truth, humility, compassion, patience, perseverance, and passion to help others who feel like they've lost themselves. You will be found, for God knows exactly where you are and He will meet you there.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jill,

It's been such a long time since I checked up on you. I'm proud of the amazing woman you've grown up to be. You have sooo many people that love you for the breath of fresh air that you bring. Hope Thanksgiving is wonderful-it's killing me that we can't be there!

Love you!

Michelle